Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day

I bought myself new cake pans for Valentines day. Can you tell?

This cake was for 5chw4r7z.
Chocolate chocolate chocolate, and I made truffles for the first time.
I love getting to make a cake for a specific person and event.
They get something just for them, and I get to keep trying new things (though I am not gonna lie, I get frustrated when it doesn't go as imagined right away).

Originally these cute little cakes were going to be "conversation heart cakes"

But I decided to add some little decorations just for fun and practice.

*****Update: Aimee liked her cake.

3 comments:

  1. WOW. That Valentine's day cake looks AMAZING. Great job. I'm so impressed. Hand-made truffles look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered that you had a cake blog when I saw a link on your other blog! I LOVE the heart/truffle cake. GORGEOUS! And these conversation hearts are wonderful. The Mario cake in a previous post rocks the house. You've got mad skills. I attempted a doll dress cake for Kaelyn's birthday and it was my first cake attempt at anything. I think I'll call on you next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved (and still love) that my mom made us "special" birthday cakes when we were growing up. I never thought about her skill, or lack of skill. I just loved that MY mom made a cake for MY birthday. I saw your cake. It was really pretty. And I know Kaelyn loved it. So good job.

    ReplyDelete