Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tea Party

Almost every February I have a tea party. There are multiple reasons for this: 1. I love tea parties, 2. My birthday is in February, and 3. I hate winter. I almost like it until the 1st week of January. Then I start to get a little annoyed. But by mid February I am just done! Done with being cold. Done with bulky layers. Done with being stuck inside with minimal amounts of plants and no flowers (except the dozens of roses that Scott and Toby bring me to cheer me up). And I am not alone. I have several female friends that are S.A.D. along with me.
So, my tea cake was themed this year. A protest against winter. A call for spring.
Crocuses emerging from the snow and proclaiming the coming of spring.

(If you don't know, crocuses are one of the first flowers to bloom in early spring, frequently appearing before the snow has resided)

Also, this is my first attempt ever at using gum paste. I have been a bit of a buttercream purest up to this point, but i decided to give it a try. Not terrible for a first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment