Friday, January 22, 2010

Toby's School Birthday

What can I say, I am a mom. I have to post about my kids. So, technically, I guess they aren't MY cakes, but I AM teaching Toby everything that I know...slowly.

So due to holidays and snow, Toby's school birthday was celebrated a little late, but when I informed him that he would be the birthday boy at preschool on Friday, he was pretty excited. By now he knows what that means.... he gets to be line leader, he gets a crown, and he gets cupcakes. Now, I am not certain, but I would venture a guess that while the other kids did bring in cupcakes, and maybe even homemade cupcakes, they did not decorate them all by themselves. Well, I have no pride (well, I try not to), and I want to empower the Tobe, so, he had full artistic license.

This is Toby...I thinking he was searching deep within for artistic inspiration. Or maybe he was pretending to be a wild bear. Unsure.

He wanted red, but settled on more of a salmon color. I had to provide a little strength, but Toby designed the icing on each cupcake for each kid in his class.

Then, the best part, the sprinkles.

Awesome! He even got to proudly present one to "Dan the Dinosaur Man"


Note: I am sorry to say that you can't currently hire Toby to make the cake for your special event. He might however be persuaded to contribute his artistic expertise.

1 comment: